- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 March 2012 13:50
Welcome to the Department of Environment and Conservation’s community education web portal.
This is the first step towards a single domain for the department’s community education programs.
Currently each page is under development, but will be refined over the coming weeks, to deliver to you a simpler and faster access point for all our community education programs.
DEC’s programs help schools reduce their ecological footprint, and increase their social handprint, through the Australian Sustainable School Initiative WA and are ideally suited to covering sustainability in the Australian Curriculum.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 April 2013 10:53
This year for the very first time, the Department of Environment and Conservations school programs will join forces to present a free workshop on Education for Sustainability (EfS) to all pre-service teachers in Western Australia.
Pre-service teachers will be provided with:
- Skills in how to embed Education for Sustainability (EfS) principles into the classroom
- Background information on DEC school programs (Waste Wise, Ribbons of Blue, Clean Schools, Bushrangers, AirWatch, Ecoeducation and the Outdoor Classroom)
- Take home teacher resources
- Hands on activities
Date: Wed 10th July Time: 9:00am — 4:00pm
Venue: Canning River Eco Education Centre (CREEC),Queens Park Road, Wilson, WA, 6107